With temperatures dipping below zero in early December, it’s hard to even think about leaving your house unnecessarily! But, leave the hibernating to the bears – this time of year, let holiday cheer keep you warm as you go out and about in our great communities.
Get your craft on
Did you recently pull out your dusty tub of holiday decorations only to realize your décor needs to be freshened up? Spend some time this month getting your craft on – the satisfaction of finding unique pieces or creating your very own crafts can do wonders for your self-esteem. Whether you’re a seasoned crafter or prefer already-made goods, there are plenty of treasures to find!
- Through December 21, browse the old-world vendors at this German Christmas Market, right in the heart of downtown Denver (Bonus – heated tents!!)
- Every Tuesday night, join other craft-happy folks at FancyTiger Crafts – bring your work in progress and enjoy music, inspiration, and crafting!
- Find a holiday craft show in your area – Mile High on the Cheap has compiled an extensive list here!
The season of giving
The holiday season is a great time to count your blessings and pass on some cheer to anyone you can.
- More than Milk – Denver is a group of moms who organize kid-friendly volunteer opportunities. This month, the group will be caroling at a local senior living community. Warm up those vocal chords and share some holiday music – you might be surprised at how many carols you know! For more information, visit the More than Milk – Denver Facebook page.
- Through December 29, “A Christmas Carol” can be seen at the Denver Center for Performing Arts. This classic novel has taught generation after generation about the meaning of the holiday season – a great message for the family! (Children under 4 not permitted)